Friday, January 31, 2014

Interview With Author Ryann Adams Hall

Meet The Author That Gave Us A Sweet Tooth

Ryann Adams Hall

What inspired you to write your first book?

My first book is a poem book I wrote in high school and decided to get it published. My daughter is the person that inspired me to start writing children's books. I write short children's books for children preschool age that have a short attention span. All the books people kept giving her were too long and she would never let me finish reading them too her. She would get bored and start trying to flip the pages or try to take the book from me. I really enjoy having shorter books to read to her. I can actually finish the story!

When did you start considering yourself a writer?

I still haven't to be honest with you. It still doesn't feel like I am actually an Author. I guess I always thought fame came with being an Author. But I realize only few make it there. People like Stephanie Meyer! Maybe I'll have my time in the spotlight one day.

Out of the books you've written, which is your favorite?

My favorite book right now isn't published yet. It's called Butterfly's Big Adventure. It is with an illustrator now and will be published soon! Kayleigh Butterfly goes on a Big Adventure exploring all the neat places (in the United States) her momma always told her about in her bedtime stories. Next to that one, I really love the Shelby Loves Candy Book. The illustrations are so bright and pretty!

How do you feel about being interviewed by a children's book character?

She is awesome! Taking the time out of her day to interview someone like me! I thank her very much!

What are you working on next?

Butterfly's Big Adventure is with an illustrator. Bella Wants to be a Writer will be with an illustrator soon. Also, Valentine's Crushed, a short, first chapter book for young children, is waiting on an answer from a publisher.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

Caden Loves his Momma was the first book I wrote and illustrated myself. It came from my nephew and how much he loves his momma. She cannot go a foot away from him without him crying! Next, I wrote and Illustrated Rylie's New Bike. Caden's sister, my niece. I wrote this based on the bike she got for her birthday. Then there is Abbie Goes to the Zoo and Shelby Loves Candy. My other sisters two girls. I wrote and Illustrated Three Little Sisters based on some childhood memories of my sisters and I. Seasons Come, Seasons Go, is a picture book I wrote for my daughter.

Out of your own characters, do you have a favorite?

My daughter of course! I love my nieces and nephew too of course!

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Don't let anyone tell you, you can't! Don't worry about bad reviews. Try to learn from them or correct the mistake, if there is one.

What do you do when you are not writing?

Promoting, Advertising! Working on books. Or playing with my daughter and taking care of my house.

If you had to live in one of your books which book would it be?

Butterfly's Big Adventure!

What was your favourite book when you were a kid?

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish was the first book I ever read by myself. It felt so great to read a book all by myself!

What is your favorite kind of candy?

Reeses Cups! Butterfinger or Jr. Mints will do fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment