Monday, February 17, 2014

Interview With Author Kathryn L. Novak

Introducing The Author That Inspires Self-Esteem

Kathryn L. Novak

What inspired you to write your first book?

I wrote my first book to help children. “It Stinks to be Pink!” is based on my own life, and how I overcame the challenges I faced as a child. I always thought how much different my life would have been if I had been given this information as a young child instead of later in life.

When did you start considering yourself a writer?

After my first book was edited, and I was half way through the illustrations, I began to feel as though I was already a published author. I knew the story was good, but when the illustrations were so beautiful, I could see it already published and selling.

Out of the books you've written, which is your favorite?

I love all of my books. Though I must admit that I am quite fickle. I always love my newest creation just a little bit more than the others. (ha-ha) So, today I will say my favorite is, EZ as 1-2-3 Come Learn About Bugs A-Z. It is a rhyming picture book about bugs, and an ABC book as well. I love the illustrations, and the interesting bug facts in rhyme.

How do you feel about being interviewed by a children's book character?

I like it, and think it is quite ingenious.

What are you working on next?

I published my third children’s book this week, it is a children’s rhyming picture book. I have written my fourth book, and am editing it right now. In between books, I spend my time painting. My focus now is on fine art abstracts.


Can you share a little of your current work with us?

My newest book, “I’m No Baby!” is also a rhyming picture book. The title says it all. This book is written from the perspective of a two or three year old comparing their abilities to those of an infant.

Out of your own characters, do you have a favorite?

I still love the Fuzzipuffs from my first book.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Be persistent! I believe the key to success is focus. Make your book a priority in your life. The first thing I do every single day is work on my current book or painting. I believe persistence more than natural talent is the key to success.


What do you do when you are not writing?

I paint, and paint, and paint.

If you had to live in one of your books which book would it be?

My first book, “It Stinks to be Pink!”

What was your favorite book when you were a kid?


The Borrowers, by Mary Norton was my favorite book as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment