Monday, March 10, 2014

Interview With Author Carmen Parets Luque

 
 
And now for our interview with witchy author
 
Carmen Parets Luque
 
Image of Carmen Parets Luque
 
What inspired you to write your first book?

The mountain that appears in the story is fully real and is located in the village where my father was born. Since childhood I was struck by its strange form of witch hat and around it there were legends of witches and giants that lived in it. I always loved those old legends which I was listening with open mouth.
One of them relates that the witches went down to scare the village's residents and hence it was born the character of Naia.
 
 
When did you start considering yourself a writer?

I think it all started at the beginning of my studies as a child educator. Many of the jobs they entrusted us with were the creation of invented storytellings and I greatly enjoyed producing them, in fact it was my favorite activity. I love the stories since child, that magical atmosphere that is created while listening or reciting it, remains stuck in the memory of one, no matter how much you grow up. As a writer I want to awake or stir feelings and consciences. In addition, if it deals with children's books they are an essential tool to teach good values since childhood.
 
Out of the books you've written, which is your favourite?

My favorite is a story that deals with the "SuperGranny" types that exist and is inspired by my own grandmother. Right now I'm waiting to receive news about its possible publication and it would be a great tribute to her memory.
 
 
How do you feel about being interviewed by a children's book character? (That's me, Destiny!)

I think that's the perfect person. Who better than a character out of a book? It is also my first interview, I am very excited!
 
What are you working on next?

I am working in three languages, Spanish that is my native language, Catalan and English. Right now I'm engrossed in my blog stories and in my Youtube channel carrying a lot of work. For now I'll see how things go with my two books published in English, ‘’Naia The Witch’’ and ‘’Paula and her multi-coloured hair’’ before starting another.
 
Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I can talk you about ‘’Paula and her multi-coloured hair’’. It is a story to teach and identify the emotions. Emotions are part of our everyday lives, but unfortunately sometimes we do not give them the importance they deserve. We think in the importance of children learning colors, numbers or seasons, without thinking that emotional education is one of the most important and valuable subjects in the personal growth of a child for their present and their future.
Ideally, what we all seek is to keep a fluid and open communication with children, in order that they tell us what they worry about and how we can help them. But sometimes express their emotions and frustrations is very complicated, that is why it is born the story “Paula and her multicolored hair”.
This story is thought-out so that while the child is having fun with the story of Paula, also learns to recognize the most basic emotions, accepts them and can express and channel them positively and healthy.
It is a story written in simple language and is recommended for children from two to three years.
 
Out of your own characters, do you have a favourite?

The Naia witch for being my first character and because she is a lot like me when I was a little child, very naughty but without malice.
 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Feel what you write, never force yourself to write anything, things should come naturally and should always be a fun experience.

What do you do when you are not writing?

I read a lot, I consider myself a “books devourer”.

If you had to live in one of your books which book would it be?

In ‘’Naia The Witch’’, I always wanted to be a witch and have powers.

What was your favourite book when you were a kid?

The Little Mermaid. She was different to other more bland princesses, I admired the strength she had and the more adventurous she was.

Anything you would like to add?

Thank you for this opportunity. It is very hard to get noticed without a publisher to back you, but I'm glad to find people like you who are willing to listen to people starting. It has been a pleasure to participate in your blog.
 
And thank you for joining us, Carmen. It was a pleasure having you!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment